Thursday, January 14, 2016

Zoo



Zoo is a fun show based on a novel by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge, about a team of five people brought together to investigate cases of strange animal behavior. Not just isolated cases though- animals all over the world are acting strange and attacking humans. The premise is that a chemical is affecting the animals and causing them to learn new behaviors and to not fear man. 

Jamie is a journalist and blogger who has personal reasons for mistrusting Reiden Corp. and she believes they are behind the attacks due to the aforementioned chemical. Together with the rest of the team she goes up against Reiden as the same time as they track animal outbreaks around the world. The other members of the team are Jackson Oz, a safari guide named Abraham, French intelligence agent Chloe, and Mitch a veterinary pathologist. They are brought together by a shadowy organization that knows all about them, and wants them to solve the mystery of the outbreaks if they can. The characters are all fun, although Abraham (played by Nonso Anozie) is a standout, as is Chloe (Nora Arnezeder). I cared surprisingly much about these characters by the end and the episodes move along quick. 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun show. If I have some time between the new shows starting soon that I've planned to watch, I'll take a look at this one too.


    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun! I was expecting not to like it, actually... I mean, come on, animals attacking?... but I was surpeised. I really enjoyed it, although I wasn't sure after the first episode. It took me one or two to get into it.

      Delete
  2. I'd seen the promos and wondered about Zoo...Glad to hear the cast is up to snuff. Any graphic violence?

    I just started watching The Shannara Chronicles and oh man :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's any violence, not real bad. There might be a scene or two where they find a body in bad shape, and a couple scenes where animals are attacking humans- but it's pretty tame compared to some shows. :)

      Shannara Chronicles- is that oh man good or oh man bad? I wasn't sure after the first episode...

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear that about Zoo..maybe I'll see if my husband wants to give it a shot...but he'll be upset if we start watching and then I stop due to violence. He's still mad at me about Gotham! lol

      Regarding Shannara - The acting is so bad. And it doesn't have the "feel" of the books either. Plot changes...well ...they are jumping in at book 2 and I haven't read the original trilogy in at least 15 years so....

      Delete
  3. This sounds interesting. I feel like I should read the book it's based off of first though. Especially since I've never read anything by James Patterson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I had not really though about the book, although where adaptations are concerned I almost always like the book better. In this case I've heard some of Patterson's later co- written books haven't been as good, but I don't know if this falls in that category or not. I'll bet the book does have interesting details though.

      Delete
  4. Ha, saw this on netflix but never thought to try watching it as I thought it was a nature documentary of something and I wasn't in the mood to watch one. But now you've got me curious!

    --Sharry
    xalwaysdreamx.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this series turned out to be. There was a couple of episodes that I didn't watch late at night! I look forward to season two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this show. If it's on netflix I'll look for it. Always fun to find a new show to watch. Thanks, Greg!

    ReplyDelete