Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The 100 3x07



Welcome to my weekly recap of The 100- this week we are on Episode 7 and it's a doozy. Did they do that? Yes they did- but we'll get there in a minute. We start out in Polis again, picking up where we left off last week with Titus working over poor Murphy. Does Murphy exist on this show just to get tortured/ the crap beat out of him on a regular basis? Anyway Titus obviously is familiar with the infinity symbol or whatever it is on ALIE's happy pills- there's even a big banner of it or something on the wall. Apparently it's a symbol of their commander? He wants to know where Murphy got it.

And then... it's flashback time! For the first time we get to see what happened before the apocalypse. There's Becca as a human scientist working on an AI basal control module (that sounds sinister) which looks a lot like the happy pills. Oh oh- they get an alert telling them that ALIE (apparently a computer program) is hacking into nuclear launch codes, and Becca says there's too many people. Then China launches ICBM's and it's game on (or game over). Side note- the guy who delivers this happy news is the guy from Continuum (and about a dozen other shows) - anyway we see the nuclear apocalypse happen and it's pretty intense. They did a great job showing us how horrible that would be to see it from orbit- for they're on Polaris. Becca says "What have I done"?

We then jump back to the present and Lexa is leading Ascension Day ceremonies when the villagers from last week show up, with Octavia. She is furious with Titus for bringing this before her that way but he says it's her fault for forgiving the Skycrew massacre. He says war is the only response now. Make an example of Skycrew, he says. Lexa decides to mobilize the armies but only t contain Arkadia, not to attack. She wants to give Arkadia time to depose Pike on their own. Titus shakes his head- he knows this won't go over well, and it doesn't. Semet the leader of the villagers tries to kill Lexa and Titus kills him.

Murphy meanwhile gets free and realizes the POLIS thing in the dungeon is actually Polaris. Then we flashback again to Polaris in orbit and Becca is injecting something into her. The commander (Continuum guy) tells her to stand down, and we find out that Becca developed the AI that destroyed the world, and that she's planning on bringing her latest version aboard the Ark. Yeah great idea. She says ALIE 1 didn't understand what it was to be human, but ALIE 2 will. It's designed to interface with humans on a biological level. Oh great! The commander is undeterred, so Becca locks him and her assistant out. This is going well.

Back to Polis. Octavis and Clarke talk and then Clarke goes to see Lexa. Titus expects Clarke to go back to Arkadia due to the blockade, and Lexa says she has asked Clarke to stay. Titus says her feelings for Clarke are putting her and Clarke in danger, and that she must go. Lexa says that's up to Clarke. Octavia goes to see Indra and they scuffle- Indra is feeling sorry for herself that she's hurt. Octavia wants to be friends and says she is going to fight Arkadia as a grounder. Wow, Octavia. Titus meanwhile goes back to the dungeon and Murphy tries to take him out, but gets his butt kicked. Apparently Titus is zen master badass. Murphy tells Titus that Polaris was the only space station that wouldn't join the Ark, so they blew it up. Somehow a woman (Becca, apparently) got down to earth and is in these wall drawings that tell the story of Titus' faith.

Cole (the Continuum guy) is trying to reach Becca and talk sense to her- he says the Chinese and Russians are threatening not to dock with the ark because Polaris isn't- and while he's talking she's doing something with the virus. Injecting it looks like. Cole pleads with her to relent and destroy ALIE but she refuses, and escapes into a pod- meanwhile the Ark destroys Polaris to set an example. Okay I'm not liking Becca at all. Her and Jaha are both asses. Octavia tries to get Clarke to go back with her and it's obvious that Clexa is the issue here- Clarke wants to stay, and Lexa does too.

Clarke goes to say her goodbyes to Lexa and... they have a moment. And then... they're in bed. Sexy times are here again. After the love Clarke goes to leave but Murphy is there, trussed up- and Titus tries to shoot Clarke. He shooting all over the place and... hits Lexa when she comes out. So yeah... there it is. Lexa makes Titus swear he will protect Clarke, and tells her the next commander will to. Octavia meanwhile is leaving and Indra joins up- they're back together. Lexa tells Clarke "life is about more than just surviving". Then we get the kicker. Titus completes the passing on of her spirit and Lexa has the sacred symbol on the back of her neck. He makes an incision and... the AI thing comes out. So Lexa was the latest in a line going back to... Becca? Because we see Becca land and she has the incision too- she took the AI into her. Freeeaky!

11 comments:

  1. I liked how the AI storyline and Grounders/Commander storyline came together here. Can't wait to see what happens in the next ep. I feel sorry for Clarke too - that's the second person she's loved who died.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too- I wasn't liking that storyline but now that they have dovetailed it's all one big story and I want to see where it goes!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving this show more and more each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so surprised at what happened to Lexa, but I shouldn't be because of what happened to other likeable characters! This week's episode will be interesting as we find out more about Becca's landing on earth and what happens with Pike. Great recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too although the Twitter rumblings tipped me off lol. This season has gotten surprisingly good after that rough start.

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing this 100 thing, and I have absolutely no idea what it is, lol. I'm assuming it's a tv show-I need to do some googling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My feels cannot handle that episode. I wasn't even team Clexa in the long run, but I REALLY liked them this season. I liked Lexa in general this season, and I felt like Clarke somehow became more... likable while in Lexa's presence. Or Becca/ALIE2's, maybe. Who even knows. How will we know WHO Lexa was? Was she a Becca-Lexa hybrid, were her feelings for Clarke HER feelings? I have no idea, and it tears me up to think that any of it could have been like, programmed.

    Glad you brought up Octavia and Idra too, I didn't even know where to fit them in, but they needed to be! They are so badass, I LOVE THEM! I am almost afraid to watch the promo. No, I will so I can comment.

    Last week I could barely see through my tears, so I am glad you posted this. I am SO SCARED that Pike could somehow kill Kane. It won't happen, will it? Tell me it won't. And I can't even tell- is Bellamy on Kane's side again? Or is he still half of Pillamy? So many questions! I am excited for tonight's episode!!

    Fabulous recap as always! I love getting to read your take on it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like what you guys are doing too- reading the recaps is almost more fun than watching the episodes. So yeah... I wasn't really team Clexa either at first (last season), into Bellarke all the way- but then it grew on me, kinda like you said. I guess if I followed casting news I would know, since they said she only had 7 episodes or whatever- but I didn't so didn't see it coming (at least not this quick). I'm going to miss Lexa... I hear you though, it does make you wonder about her feelings. And worse- will it make Clarke wonder? she doesn't need that. :(

      Octavia and Indra- as much as I hate to see Skycrew vs Skycrew, I want to see Octavia kick some ass. We're overdue for that. And Indra too... how awesome it would be if O took Gillmer apart. :)

      Kane has to stay. I never thought I would say that is S1, hated him- but now, yeah. Kane and Bellamy could be a good team. I think we're going to see Bell start to do his own thing now, he's had enough (I hope)- as much as I like Kane (and he's about the only adult) I liked it when the kids were on their own and Bell and Clarke were the leaders. Wouldn't mind getting back to that. This episode is going to ROCK!

      Delete
  6. I was getting a little bored with this season, but this episode renewed my interest. I really want to know what that symbol & thing in her neck is! But, I'm still sick of Clarke and I want her to go away. WHY WON'T SHE GO AWAY!

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this episode got my attention! The AI and Grounder storylines are obviously fused together now, should be interesting to see where they go. I haven't been liking the AI stuff til now, but now I'm curious...

      I wonder what will happen to Clarke now that Lexa is toast.

      Delete